Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Another Take

The other day I contemplated boredom. While praying for my neighborhood this morning, it struck me why I feel numb. The reality is that I'm bored with the empty pleasures of life. And what I long for is more of Jesus. Sounds simple, ya.

I've shared God's loving message of unmerited sacrifice with two of my neighbors - both times in broken Indonesian in order to answer their questions. Unlike in the states, few here have heard of grace before. Our cousins here can get defensive at the name of Jesus, but not when spoken of in their context: Isa Al Masih (Jesus the Messiah as from the Quran).

My desire remains to set the captives free. Teaching the children of freedom bringers gives me great joy, but I long to one day "give sight to the blind" as well.

That's the antedote to this numbness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home