Monday, January 07, 2008

New Year's Optimism

I love entering a New Year. Who knows what will happen this year? People are happier at New Year's--more optimistic. Thus, the New Year's resolution. The past few years, I've shunned the resolution, but this year, in the spirit of the holidays, have decided to make a few.

Resolution #1: This year, I'm giving up french fries.

I know what you're thinking. "Say it's not so!" French fries are more American than ... say ... French people. But I know something which might surprise you. They are very unhealthy. Did you know that one little french fry contains more carcinogens than are legally allowed in our drinking water? It's true; I read it on the internet. I used to eat french fries "in moderation" but have found over the past semester that my addiction has forced me to consume them daily. So it must be stopped.

So far, I've had two opportunies to say "no" to french fries. This has been a liberating experience. I feel healthier already.

Drop me a comment if you have any resolutions you'd like to share. :) mona

2 Comments:

At 4:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! I hope you can survive with out the fries. Now how about that KFC?

I didn't make any resolutions - just a dream of being more organized, reading my Bible daily and getting in shape. Not a resolution - just a dream!

 
At 4:58 AM , Blogger Bob, Sarah, and Miriam Logsdon said...

Okay, I have resolved that Miriam will be potty trained this year...but Bob says that doesn't count since it is really something Miriam has to do. What do you think? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home