Monday, January 26, 2009

Pray for Trips

Today I (James) am heading to Klaten with my friend and neighbor Samiyono. Mona and I visited his family there in October 2007 after a massive earthquake that toppled 72 out of the 75 houses in their development. The houses were demolished, but not their spirits.

Mona has to teach today, so it's just me, and I'm not really feeling up to it. I've had bowel issues for 2 days now including some mild cramping. I'm packing an emergency bag just in case.

This coming weekend I'm heading to another part of the island to encourage some Jesus followers there. It's difficult to live a life of grace extending it to others when so much of the suffounding culture is fixated on forced piety, but that's exactly how Jesus lived. To talk about grace, the poor, charity, and love is celebrated, even honored. To live scandolously by offering grace to evildoers, living with the poor, and loving the outcasts leads to the cross. Please pray.

More later.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, love and prayers go with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home