Tuesday, March 06, 2007

This Too Shall Pass

Okay, so it's only funny if you like puns.

I've struggled with what we think are kidney stones for the past two and one-half weeks. Some blood in the urine, constant need to visit the restroom, sore lower back and kidneys, and the occasional cramping of the kidneys in the night. Thank God for powerful drugs.

At this point I am able to go to school. I've only missed one day plus one class. But I'm tired. In fact, I'm nearly exhausted. The evening ritual of sitting still so as to rest, and the popping of pills on a schedule have me worn out.

This is the final week before spring break. Although we'd love to make use of our time off to go snorkeling or see some indigenous endangered species, I think we'll play this one safe and stay home.

Please pray for James's kidneys. Pray also for our friend and fellow teacher Jay who's not doing so well either.

5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are praying for you and for Jay also.

Has it passed??? What did the "doctor" say?

 
At 7:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this point, James is bed-ridden at this point with a fever. We hope to take him to Semarang for an ultrasound some time in the next few days. In the meantime, he's on antibiotics, pain medication and lots of fluids.

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apologize for my redundant sentence structure . . . I'm under a lot of stress! ;)

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

First: great title. Second: I can't believe you waited so long to go the doctor. Third: I'm so so glad you're well--we were worried...seriously. Fourth: your big clock looks great in our new apartment. Fifth: I have no idea why I'm numbering my comments. Sixth: I'm waiting for more of Mo's story. Seventh: we miss you guys.

Be well!

Eighth: E coli? Seriously? Impressive. Of course, in New Jersey, you can get that from a Taco Bell.

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger krisknowlton said...

Greetings you two....we miss you more than being young and watching out for Santa Claus at Christmas time. I hope James is completely over the kidney problems....we just love your e-mails on updates in what God is doing through you. Isaac is turning 5 in September and loves, of course, Chuck-E-Cheese. Michelle is a nurse at NRL Baptist in the labor and delivery....fascinating work that she gets to do....Are you planning on having any kids?

I am still at Metropolitan National Bank going on 3 years now. We have officially bought our first home...can't wait for the both of you to visit when you get back....we will have dinner and coffee!!! Love seeing as usual what God is doing through you guys....thank you for staying in touch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home