Friday, January 11, 2008

P.E. Debut

James here...

This is my 8th semester teaching at Mountainview. Up to now, my day has been full of English, visual arts, performing arts, writing and music classes. But yesterday turned a new leaf in my experience: 7th & 8th grade girls PE. Tuesdays and Thursdays through May will have me out on the court/climbing wall or on the soccer field stretching, running, playing, and climbing. It's a nice way to finish the school day.

Yesterday, we played footsol: in-door soccer. Several of the girls have played most of their life, and seeing that checkered ball fly at me with bruising force is quite something. But it's so endearing to see someone get mildly brushed by a ball or passing leg and then the whole class, both teams, rush over to make sure she's okay. I made a great steal, but the girl fell in the process; and what could I do but give her the ball back?

My New Year's resolution: have fun, and perhaps get a bit leaner in the process.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

James,who knew you would every teach girls PE? What fun! I bet they can all climb that wall. I had such fun trying to climb it.

I think the New Years resolution to have fun is a good one! We all need to have fun, smile, laugh, and bring a smile to someone else in the process. love ya!

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, I misspelled a word. I meant ever teach not every teach...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home